Tell me, cause this is something I’ve come across more than once in my dabbling in the fantasy genre, are there any fantasy heroines who are pushing forty, overweight, and balding?
So I’ve made a new friend. He thinks I’m cool, I think he’s cool, but we haven’t really hit that comfort zone yet, you know? We enjoy doing things together, but it could easily go either way: besties for life, or fade away.
Now normally I’m the worst person in the world to lend books too, because:
- I have other reading commitments, and it can be literally months before I have a spare reading moment
- Generally in my spare reading moment, there are books I’d rather be reading than the one you gave me, because if I wanted to read the one you gave me, I’d have already read it
But, to show good faith in this budding friendship of ours, I’m putting aside my Year of Living Contemporary for a moment to enjoy an unexpected detour to Fantasy Island.
Don’t worry, you’ll still get to hear my every witty thought, pithy or otherwise.
Then back to SEP!
- Francesca: Look at how much I've grown as a person!
- Dallie: Look at how much she's grown as a person! Now I don't feel guilty for sleeping with her!
- Holly Grace: Look at how much she's grown as a person! I'm totally going to hand her over to my ex-husband
- Skeet: Aw, now then, look eet how much that Miss Fran-chess-ka has grown as a person! Doggone!
- Gerry: I'm incredibly self-involved, but even I can see she's grown as a person!
- America: Clearly she's grown as a person, because we *never* worship hollow, empty characters just because they're pretty and amusing!
- Statue of Liberty (by special appearance): she could only have grown this much as a person in America!
- Francesca (again): As God is my witness, I'll never be a cream puff again!
this has nothing to do with reading, but you get to hear me rant about it anyway.
What the fuck is up with Avril Lavigne? I mean, yeah, Complicated was way overplayed, but it was solid, you know?
And then she did this fuck-mazing album with Chantal Kreviazuk (who, if you’re not Canadian, you’ve never heard of, but seriously - just go to youtube and search for her. In fact, no, here’s a link: Chantal. See? That’s how badly I want you to go listen to her, I did the hard work for you. Start with Surrounded, and then just have a play) Anyways, they had a big blow-up because Chantal was all, dude, those were totally my songs, and Avril was all, bitch please! I did all the writing.
I’m just sayin’
Dallie, in his inability to bring his game to the major PGA tournaments, reminds me of my beloved Sens, who play the best hockey in the league pretty much every year during regulation play, but can’t seem to get their sticks out of their asses during a Stanley Cup run.
I feel your pain, Dallas! I do! You and me, bro. You and me.
The kid in this House episode plays the love interest in this obscure little movie called Timer which was universally enjoyed by my whole family right up until the last 2 minutes when it pretty much made the decision it had to make, but wasn’t the decision anyone wanted it to make.